Monday, February 15, 2016

Broward County, I Have a Bone to Pick!

So, while the weather this weekend for the A1A Ft. Lauderdale Marathon was wonderful, the maintenance of the roads in Broward County leave something to be desired!  Adam did a GREAT job in the 1/2 marathon, but I was removed by medical at mile 17.  At mile 14 I slipped on some loose gravel and twisted my knee.  I soldiered through for 3 more miles, but when I stopped at the medical tent at 17, everything got very hazy.  Because it's an open course, medical wouldn't let me back out.  Boo!  But, I will persevere, and go back next year and kill this course.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.
The pretty view from our room at the Bahia Mar



Pre-race day cocktails on the beach.  Ahh, that's the life!


Hey, I'm official!

All dressed up for fancy race night dinner!
Race night goodies, yum!
Race night rewards!


No comments:

Post a Comment